TOPICS COVERED IN THIS QUALIFIED CREW MEMBER COURSE
- Weather and Sea Conditions
- Electrical Systems
- Auxiliary Power
- Standing and Running
- Rules of the Road
- Slip Departure and Return
- Communications & Navigation
- Anchoring and Mooring
- Coping with Emergencies
We guarantee both your satisfaction AND Lifetime access to any sailing course you buy from us.
MORE ABOUT THIS QUALIFIED CREW MEMBER SAILING COURSE
- Learn to contribute as a crew member on a modern 30-50 ft sailboat
- This Sailing Course takes approximately 7 hours of total time to complete
- Take as long as you need to complete
- Return as many times as you like to review
- Take the online test as many times as you like
- Adds the Qualified Crew Member Endorsement to your Sailing Certificate
Upon completion, you will feel confident in your ability to understand the workings of the sailboat and enjoy contributing as a knowledgeable crew member. There are tips on how to hold a straight course when at the helm, sail trimming, rules of the road so you’re not second-guessing who has to give way, and just what the heck does that blue line do.
Once you log 10 sailing days in your FREE NauticEd Online Logbook, you’ll be awarded the NauticEd Qualified Crew Member Sailing Certificate. Alternatively, you can shortcut this to 2 sailing days logged by getting practical competency training and sign-off through Cairns Yacht Academy.